- This event has passed.
Diabetes Self-Management Program: St. Johns County (Session 1 of 6)
September 6 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm| Free
Diabetes Self-Management Program
These two and a half hour in-person sessions meet once a week for 6 weeks.
Session cycle: 09/06/2022 – 10/11/2022, on Tuesdays from 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM.
Registration is required. Please contact Northeast Florida AHEC to Register: (904)482-0189.
Free in-person sessions for NORTHEAST FLORIDA RESIDENTS ONLY (ages 60+).
Do you have diabetes?
Join this FREE Diabetes Self-Management Program!
You will learn…
• Ways to prevent or delay diabetes complications.
• Techniques to manage blood sugar.
• Practical ways to cope with stress, depression, anger, and frustration.
• Strategies for sick days.
• Nutrition and exercise tools.
• How to talk about your health.
The workshop provides the support you need to maintain or improve your quality of life!
Program materials and instructions are provided to pre-registered participants at no charge.
Participants get a FREE book: “Living A Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions”
LOCATION: Bethune-Cookman University
7645 State Road 207, Hastings, FL 32145
WHEN: Tuesdays, September 6th, – October 11th, 2022
TIME: 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM